hunting myths
safiuddinkhan
2021-02-04 23:27:14 UTC
I am kind of obsessed and fascinated by the symbolism of hunting in
mythology and yes our ancestors used to depend on it for food but what
interests me the most is where on earth and how the symbolism of human
dominance over nature became the symbol of royalty and power. So were
the earliest of the rulers also the greatest hunters in their communities??
Ed Cryer
2021-02-05 09:48:58 UTC
Post by safiuddinkhan
I am kind of obsessed and fascinated by the symbolism of hunting in
mythology and yes our ancestors used to depend on it for food but what
interests me the most is where on earth and how the symbolism of human
dominance over nature became the symbol of royalty and power. So were
the earliest of the rulers also the greatest hunters in their communities??
Throughout western history the aristocracy have always been hunters.
In Greek mythology the heroes killed wild freaks of nature, often on long
exploratory voyages.
The Romans staged “venationes” in their amphitheatres, wild-beast hunts
which the populace loved as much as gladiators.
In Britain fox-hunting has been the game.
The Spaniards went for bull-fights.
Ed
safiuddinkhan
2021-02-05 20:56:22 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by safiuddinkhan
I am kind of obsessed and fascinated by the symbolism of hunting in
mythology and yes our ancestors used to depend on it for food but what
interests me the most is where on earth and how the symbolism of human
dominance over nature became the symbol of royalty and power. So were
the earliest of the rulers also the greatest hunters in their communities??
Throughout western history the aristocracy have always been hunters.
In Greek mythology the heroes killed wild freaks of nature, often on long
exploratory voyages.
The Romans staged “venationes” in their amphitheatres, wild-beast hunts
which the populace loved as much as gladiators.
In Britain fox-hunting has been the game.
The Spaniards went for bull-fights.
yeah indeed very true.