Why is Western philosophy dominant?
g***@gmail.com
2020-10-28 06:34:59 UTC
https://troymedia.com/politicslaw/reason-western-philosophy-dominant/#.X5kQllhKjIU
Ed Cryer
2020-10-28 11:38:51 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
https://troymedia.com/politicslaw/reason-western-philosophy-dominant/#.X5kQllhKjIU
Ex Libris

"But the reason so many students and migrants from around the world are
drawn to the west is our humanistic values, rooted in the importance
westerners place on the individual. White men have dominated western
philosophy, but the ideas that emerged from those men continue to
underpin our civilization. They deserve a special place in the highest
institutions of learning."

Hear, hear.

Ed
safi
2021-04-16 09:08:37 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
https://troymedia.com/politicslaw/reason-western-philosophy-dominant/#.X5kQllhKjIU
I think the Greek philosophy have a big part to play in it because they
are popular in both in Europe and the Middle East since ever.
Simon K
2021-04-16 18:30:06 UTC
I think it also help that a lot of the original text still survices and can be scrutinised - albeit it Greek or Latin.
safi