Book On Dante
David Amicus
2014-11-09 07:36:16 UTC
I was never able to get into Dante until several years ago when I got a commentary on "The Divine Comedy". Now it has become my favorite poem. It has given me a whole new outlook on many things and has caused me to change my opinion on some things. That book has had the greatest influence on my life of any book. That said I strongly disagree with Dante on politics.

I got this book last week

http://www.amazon.com/Dante-Poet-Political-Thinker-Man/dp/1593761627/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415518304&sr=1-1&keywords=barbara+reynolds
Ed Cryer
2014-11-09 13:13:49 UTC
Post by David Amicus
I was never able to get into Dante until several years ago when I got
a commentary on "The Divine Comedy". Now it has become my favorite
poem. It has given me a whole new outlook on many things and has
caused me to change my opinion on some things. That book has had the
greatest influence on my life of any book. That said I strongly
disagree with Dante on politics.
I got this book last week
http://www.amazon.com/Dante-Poet-Political-Thinker-Man/dp/1593761627/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415518304&sr=1-1&keywords=barbara+reynolds
I haven't read that book but my experience of reading Dante puts me off.
I find his world claustrophobic and bitter. I prefer a modern secular
society (with its ills) to the old society of faith with its poverty.

Ed
gggg gggg
2021-01-12 03:35:14 UTC
I was never able to get into Dante until several years ago when I got a commentary on "The Divine Comedy". Now it has become my favorite poem. It has given me a whole new outlook on many things and has caused me to change my opinion on some things. That book has had the greatest influence on my life of any book. That said I strongly disagree with Dante on politics.
I got this book last week
http://www.amazon.com/Dante-Poet-Political-Thinker-Man/dp/1593761627/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415518304&sr=1-1&keywords=barbara+reynolds
"Inferno" (podcast):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f05zj
gggg gggg
2021-02-03 05:13:58 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
I was never able to get into Dante until several years ago when I got a commentary on "The Divine Comedy". Now it has become my favorite poem. It has given me a whole new outlook on many things and has caused me to change my opinion on some things. That book has had the greatest influence on my life of any book. That said I strongly disagree with Dante on politics.
I got this book last week
http://www.amazon.com/Dante-Poet-Political-Thinker-Man/dp/1593761627/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415518304&sr=1-1&keywords=barbara+reynolds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f05zj
(Youtube upload):